Rejected State Mottos
In order to form a more perfect Union…
- Alabama – At least we’re not Mississippi
- Alaska - 11,623 Eskimos Can’t be Wrong
- Arizona - Dehyd-rific
- Arkansas – Litterasy Ain’t Everything
- California - As Seen on TV
- Colorado – If you Don’t Ski, Don’t Bother
- Connecticut – Like Massachusetts, Only Dirtier and with Less Character
- Delaware - We’re too Small to Have a Motto
- Florida - Ask us About out Grandkids
- Georgia - We Put the “Fun” in Fundamentalist Extremism
- Hawaii – Haka Tiki Mou Sha’ami Leeki Toru (Death to Mainland Scum, but Leave your Money)
- Idaho - More than Just Potatoes…Well OK, We’re Not but he Potatoes Sure are Real Good
- Illinois – Gateway to Iowa
- Indiana – 2 Billion Years Tidal Wave Free
- Iowa – Land of James T. Kirk
- Kansas – First of the Rectangle States
- Kentucky – Five Million People; Fifteen Last Names
- Louisiana – We’re not all Drunk Cajun Whackos, but That’s our Tourism Campaign
- Maine – Cheap Lobster
- Maryland - A Thinking Man’s Delaware
- Massachusetts – Our Taxes are Lower than Sweden’s (for Most Tax Brackets)
- Michigan - First Line of Defense from the Canadians
- Minnesota - For Sale
- Mississippi – Come Feel Better About your Own State
- Missouri - Your Federal Flood Relief Tax Dollars at Work
- Montana – Land of the Big Sky, the Unabomber, and Very Little Else
- Nebraska – Ask About our State Motto Contest
- Nevada – Whores and Poker
- New Hampshire – Go Away and Leave Us Alone
- New Jersey – You Want a #$&@$ Motto? I Got Yer #$&@%$ Motto Right Here!
- New Mexico - Lizards Make Excellent Pets
- New York - You Have the Right to Remain Silent, You Have the Right to an Attorney
- North Carolina – Tobacco is a Vegetable
- North Dakota – Umm…We’ve Got…Umm…Dinosaur Bones? Yeah, Dinosaur Bones!
- Ohio – Don’t Judge us by Cleveland
- Oklahoma – Like the Play Only No Singing
- Oregon – Spotted Owl, It’s What’s for Dinner
- Pennsylvania – Cook with Coal
- Rhode Island – We’re not Really an Island
- South Carolina – Remember the Civil War? We Didn’t Actually Surrender
- South Dakota – Closer than North Dakota
- Tennessee – The Educashun State
- Texas – Se Hable Ingles
- Utah – Our Jesus is Better Than Your Jesus
- Vermont – Yep
- Virginia – Who Says Government Stiffs and Slackjaw Yokels Don’t Mix?
- Washington – Help! We’re Overrun by Nerds and Slackers!
- Washington DC – Wanna be Mayor?
- West Virginia – One Big Happy Family…Really!
- Wisconsin – Come Cut Our Cheese
- Wyoming – Why Not?
Welcome! My name is Brett Snyder and I am the Director of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) at an interactive marketing agency based in West Midtown Atlanta.
When I'm not studying and practicing SEO, you can find me hanging out with Braveheart, catching up with new and old friends, or finding a new way to stay busy.
All thoughts and opinions posted on this site are my own.